Membership of The Bird Table Group Ltd & use of the website
We want coach members of The Bird Table Group Ltd and all visitors to our websites, to be able to take part fully in the activities and offers we provide. We also want to make sure that when we collect information from you, we do so in a way that does not infringe your right to privacy.
Please read the following carefully because by visiting www.bird-table.co.uk, by joining The Bird Table Group Ltd and by attending events by invitation, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is The Bird Table Group Ltd.
Information we may collect from you:
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us:
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise and we will only use that information as we specifically state when you provide that information or as set out in this policy. Some examples of the information that we collect and how we use it are:
Newsletters: We have several newsletters that keep coaches and clients up-to-date with information on our services, events, offers etc. If you would like to subscribe to one of our newsletters, we will require you to send us your email address so that we can send the newsletter to you. We may also ask you to provide other information about yourself, such as your name, age, sex and location so that we can personalise your newsletters.
Email and other business and contact details: Coaches will send us their contact details to use within their membership. We will only use this information to enable you to participate in the membership and attend events as requested. No business details beyond those which coaches advertise on their own website or any directory page will be shared. We will never request your date of birth.
Information we collect about you:
Website/Technical Data: With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators from which you have visited our site or that you visit after our site; products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also receive information about you from any of business partners to whom you may have given your details with permission for them to send it to us.
Disclosure of your information:
We may share your personal information with any member of The Bird Table Group Ltd at Head Office. We will only do so in support of delivering your Bird Table Group Ltd membership experience. All members of the team at The Bird Table Group Lt HQ are bound by confidentiality agreements.
We specifically do not share your information with any third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors; advertisers and advertising networks; analytics and search engine providers
The only time we may disclose your personal information to third parties is:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data:
The contact information sent to us will be stored on the Capsule CRM system and protected by password. This password will be known to key staff at The Bird Table Group Ltd: The Director, Aly King-Smith and also nominated virtual assistant(s). All V.A.s who support The Bird Table Group Ltd are bound by full confidentiality agreements. On departure of any staff from the support team, all passwords are changed. Passwords are changed monthly in any case.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored in Dropbox. This does not include bank details. We do not store bank details within our organization. We use Go Cardless as our secure payment information and all bank information is stored using Go Cardless. Their privacy information can be viewed at www.gocardless.com
Upon leaving the membership, your details, photograph and data will be deleted. If you rejoin the membership there may be a charge to resubmit all data.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Third Party Sites:
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites:
When someone visits our website, we use a third-party service, Facebook Pixel, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this so that we can use Facebook adverts to advertise offers you might be interested in. Facebook is covered by Privacy Shield.
You can block/clear cookies which will prevent your data being used in this way.
Breaches of security:
It is our intention to behave in a way that minimises risk to data by storing no more than a coach would reasonably hold on their own public website. If a breach of security were to occur and we became aware of a risk to the data of our members, we will notify you immediately by email.